Sunday, December 14, 2008

90% of True Love is Acute, Ear Burning Embarassment

A new angle on things.  I moved my desk around, and my photo now includes my ladder.  I wish the lights had been on!  :-)

I'm getting to be rather boring, but I'm enjoying life more.  I slept until noon today, which I rather hate doing.  But it comes from staying up until almost 3am!  

I spent the next few hours in the library.  I read the rest of Wyrd Sisters.  If you don't know Terry Pratchett, you must go read his work.  Must happen.  Only in English though, no translations allowed.  Sorry, but word play is too important.  Pratchett takes culture and twists it around into new and brilliant plots.  Wyrd Sisters is a spin on Shakespeare.  Buh-rilliant.  The books are absolutely hilarious.  They're pretty amazing and hilarious even if you don't get the references.  Go now.  Read.

I also jumped into The Lord of the Rings.  I read them once as a child, and once again when the movies came out, but it's been a while.  And Jan is always talking about them. Not to mention Tim.  So, I thought, why not check it out again.  It's amazing how quickly you can forget.  I guess that's the best part of books, really.  You read, you forget, and you get to read again!   I only made it through the second chapter before the library closed.  

So I came home and read The Importance of Being Earnest.  I know, I know.  I'm a dork.  Once a bookworm, always a bookworm.  I'm not ashamed.

Though I did manage to get out into normal society for a while!  I went to Janos' house to watch The Truman Show with a bunch of his friends.  A few people I knew.  Good times.  Good movie.  I had forgotten it.  I can totally relate to Truman.  

Drank linden tea with lavender honey.  

Tomorrow is my exam.  Le sigh.  I'm not looking forward to this next week at all.  So much to do, and so little motivation.  It's cold, even in my room, and I really really just want to curl up with a good book and/or a good friend and/or my computer and drink warm drinks and eat chocolate (and put on some more winter fat to keep me warm!) and ignore the slow, dark winter outside my window.  

For now, I'm going to turn on my Solstice lights and watch Moonlight, and make some vervaine tea, and work on the story about a cursed princess whose name I haven't yet learned, and pray to whatever gods are in charge of Egyptian language and low stress days.  

Do you think about me
Every now and then?
Do I ever cross your mind?
You know it sounds like Old Man Winter's
Thrown his fiddle in the wind.
You know I need 
A good friend here tonight.
-- from Saint Cecelia, by Mickey Newberry

No comments: