Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ps. Sorry It Isn't Lime

Did I mention I have the coolest friends, um, well, EVAR?  Because, I do.  I woke this morning to find a huge package waiting for me.  It was filled with the most wonderful things, a few of which you see in this photo.  A green fedora, amazing earrings, a black and grey silk scarf, a skirt from the Caribbean somewheres (worn here as a dress so you could see it).  Also involved were: lavender rooibos tea, a Thoth shaped cookie cutter, a Jimmy Buffett book, a mix CD, a swami head scarf (with beads) a photograph of Cade's Cove blown up and put on canvas!  Whoa!  What an awesome way to start my day!!!

"...all you need to wear a hat is attitude.  And you got that." 

So today was off to a wonderful start, so my presentation just had to go well.  Everyone seemed to find it interesting, the professor included.  When  I got home this evening I found an e-mail from him with my grade (9.0 out of 10.0!  Most people around here are pleased to get a 7.0, and thrilled by an 8.0, so I'm super excited!)  But, he also said that the topic would make a fine master's thesis, and that I should stop by soon if I'd like him to supervise!  Yay!

I had lunch with André.  Janko told us that the Lipsius building is supposed to look like a Venetian street.  It doesn't.  I spent the hours between classes studying Egyptian flash cards and talking to Janko.

After Coptic I came home to find I had no meeting tonight, so I met up with my neighbors and a bunch of others down at a Chinese restaurant nearby.  There were 7 Italians, a German, a Belgian, a Brazilian, an Indian, and an American there. :-)  We ate tons of Chinese food, and then a few people had lychees, and then a few more had ice cream, then some coffee.  Then everyone came back to Laura and Matteo's apartment for coffee, but since we're neighbors and my room is bigger everyone chilled over here.

My hats and other various head ornaments were the hit of the night.  Everyone wanted to wear my new green fedora, and all the girls thought my new swami hat, and my old belly dance headdress were the coolest things. (Sangbreeta (India) exclaimed:  She's more Indian than I am!) Many photos were the result, and not a little laughter!  :-D

Can't argue with a life like this one!

In other news:  I gain a new respect for Facebook.  Thanks Heather!  :-P

No comments: