Wednesday, December 3, 2008

She Lets the River Answer

Well, Wednesday has made another valiant effort at killing me.  It has failed again, but only barely.  I was so excited about my presentation, but we ran out of time, so I'll have to present next week.  Bummer.  Though it means I can iron out a few kinks that were bothering me.  But I was so excited.

After class we all sat in Lipsius and ate and took pictures with André's camera, and had a good time.  Then I developed the beginnings of a migraine so I went home and laid down in the dark.

When I could see again, I went to Coffee Star and worked on a translation, and updated my other blogs.  I then stopped by a really awesome little second hand junk store.  It's like a mini- Goodwill, but with stranger stuff.  I got a really cool leather pencil case.  Only it looks more like a medicine bag than anything.  I think I'll store my mojo there.  And possibly my highlighters.  Haha.  There was a British couple in the store, struggling to speak with the shop owner who knew almost no English.  His wife asked me if I spoke English, so I was the translator!  :-)  They didn't realize until I said that my German was better than my Dutch that wasn't from Holland!  Woot!  :-D

Walked to ISN-R meeting in the rain.  It's ok, rain water makes my hair look really cool!  :-)  Thus the drippy photo of the day, and the green-ish background.

Came home, made dinner, and....had another migraine.  Maybe it's the weather.  Maybe Marla's up to her old tricks.  I don't know, but blah.  My migraines aren't really painful, I just go blind and feel sort of sick.   But it ended up being highly relaxing.  I turned on my Solstice lights (ok, Christmas lights!) and listened to a Zencast about correct speech.  I have to admit I fell asleep in the middle of it, though.  Nothing brings me quite so much joy as Gil Fronsdale's laugh though.  He's the monk who does the lectures.  And his laugh is just so childlike!  :-)

Now, I can see again, and I'm listening to Leonard Cohen.  Suzanne.  I'll be meeting Jan downstairs in 30 min or so and we'll be walking to Einstein.  Tonight is ISN-I's Sinterklaas event.  I don't know what they'll be doing, but I think Sinterklaas will be there.  Also, candy.  :-)

Lolpod:  Walking in the rain today, I looked to cross a street to find a man with a plastic bag over his head with a little slit cut for his eyes.  They just stared at me as if confused by my laughter, those little brown eyes behind the white plastic. 

Also, Holding Out for a Hero came on my playlist and I looked for a video on YouTube.  Unfortunately, I got THIS.  I need a hero too, strong, fast, fresh from the fight, all that.  Just please, PLEASE, not a cowboy with a neon, glow in the dark whip, ok?!  

No comments: