I'm tired. No rest quite yet. Final exam tomorrow. Must keep going.I woke up this morning and just fell back into bed again. This tiredness is in my bones somehow. I think the exhaustion of the semester is finally catching up. Miles to go before I sleep.
I read a bit of Memiors to wake up slowly. I did manage to pull myself from bed and go shopping. I had some luck, and got some really nice things. A few strokes of genius, a few huge question marks. X-mas would be much more fun if I didn't have to carry everything with me.
I've been reading so much of Memoirs of a Geisha, that I'm thinking in the style of the book now. Today I rather felt like a geisha. The book describes how the geisha jump from tea house to tea house entertaining and never letting on how tired they are. That was me tonight.
We had our final ISN-R meeting, which turned out to not be a meeting at all, but rather a surprise going away party for me! These girls are entirely too great! They bought me a big chocolate cake, and made a collage of pictures of me and my friends from various events! :-D It was really the perfect gift! It even has our logo on it! :-P I do wish I could stay on, but I'm going to help out however I can. These girls are so great!
After that I biked furiously to a Pancake House (Dutch Geisha visit pancake houses, not tea houses) for the Egyptologist dinner/André's going away party. They had already eaten, it was time for dessert, and I realized that all I had eaten all day was two muffins and a slice of cake. I very nearly passed out at the table! I ordered some bread and butter, and survived, and we all had a nice time.
After that I biked home and went over to Silva's for pizza. Silvia has an oven, and made pizza for me, Jason and Janos. It was quite the relaxing evening (despite the conversation about psycho-killers and the Devil) and the pizza was great. Veggie pizza (with nice salty olives, yum!) and wine, (one sweet, one woody) candles and Christmas lights, and Credence Clear Water playing in the background. I very much enjoy these people.
Now I'm so tired I'm literally typing with my eyes closed (a talent I have) and contemplating sleeping on the floor. But no. Tomorrow's exam awaits. I'm just too brain dead to really truly have the energy to be concerned. I suppose I'll just have to ask the Egyptian god of hieroglyphs to lend me a hand. Or prepare to take it again in March. C'est la vie, man.
Simh: Lodi - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Just about a year ago, I set out on the road
Seeking my fame and fortune, looking for a pot of gold.
Things got bad, and things got worse, I guess you will know the tune
Oh Lord, I'm stuck in Lodi again.
Rode in on a Greyhound, I'll be walking out if I go
I was just passing though, must be seven months or more
Ran out of time and money, looks like they took my friends
Oh Lord, I'm stuck in Lodi again.
If only I had a dollar, for every song I've sung
And every time I've had to play while people sat there drunk
You know, I'd catch the next train back to where I live
Oh Lord, I'm stuck in Lodi again.

No comments:
Post a Comment