Well, I've spent the entire day in the library. I have a presentation to give tomorrow. It's not even a major deal, only 10 min, only 20% of my grade. But it's my first real chance to show this professor that I'm actually a decent scholar. I've done nothing to impress him all semester, so I really want this project to wow him.It's about doors. In the Pyramid texts. More specifically, it's about doors that are opened by unknown forces. Pretty cool. I've discovered that in the Pyramid Texts doors are either opened by gate keepers (gods or demons), the King, or unknown forces. Rather, not mentioned forces. My project focuses on the unknown forces, because they're the coolest. And the most prevalent.
I've discovered that almost all of these types of texts include this phrase, or a variation of it: "The doors of the sky are opened for you; the doors of the firmament are thrown open for you." Pretty cool stuff. The texts talk about the king rising into the sky, and becoming Osiris, Horus and/or Anubis. Isis and Nephthys welcome him, and he gets to sit upon the Iron Throne of Osiris. Pretty sweet stuff, truthfully.
I'm glad, because this has given me a little kick. I feel like I could study texts about doors for a long time. Which is good since that's what I want to do for a masters. :-)
Yesterday's lolpod: I was in the common room and there was a Common Room Committee meeting. Giovanni was there, and he was talking about how busy his schedule was for the week: "I've got two exams and four parties!" he exclaimed, "And I'm getting so tired of studying drunk!" Haha. As if he was somehow forced to. :-D

Here's a second photo of the day. I spent the first half looking like I do above, and the rest, post-shower, looking like this. :-)
In other news: I have, in many ways, turned back my inner clock, and have been re-embracing many aspects of my childhood self. One of the things that has re-emerged is my love for Celtic, Pagan, and New Age music. Hearing Omnia and their talent reminded me that there was a time when I would only listen to music like theirs. Loreena McKennitt, Enigma, Adiemus, Enya. Hahaha. I've been trying to throw myself back into this sort of music, to coax my inner 12 year old to emerge a little more. :-)
See my necklace? I bought it when I was 12. It's a crescent moon in a dark blue sky. My hair hasn't been this long since I was 12. I found the same perfume I wore when I was 12 (I got it at the Body Shop, and felt very adult for wearing it. It's called Leap! (exclamation mark included) and I still feel very adult for wearing it.)

No comments:
Post a Comment