This morning I listened to a very interested NPR that talked about the science of brewing beer. NPR also aired the Ignoble Prize awards. It's a science award for silly experiments. "First they make you laugh, then they make you think." My personal favorite was "Expensive Fake Medicine is More Effective than Cheap Fake Medicine."Julia's coffee was a wonderful addition to my morning. Didn't even have to add sugar or cream!
Coptic is coming to a close. We're on chapter 19 of 20! Somehow we still have six classes though! Lisa and I did our homework over lunch and talked about what we'd like to do with our lives.
Egyptian was rather hilarious. We had some high school kids in class today. They were doing a sort of test run of various Egyptian topics to see if they might actually like to major in it. Hays was in fine form. He's such a funny man.
I took a long walk. It's cold as anything out there, but there was supposed to be a really cool convergence of the moon and Venus and Jupiter or something. Unfortunately, though unsurprisingly, the sky is cloudy, so you can't see anything. Bummer.
I turned my iPod onto Kelsang Chukie Tethong. She's a Tibetan singer, apparently too cool for YouTube, who has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard. I walked around town. I sat by the canal and watched the building across the street waver in the water. I peeked longingly into the brightly lit, interestingly decorated, hipster houses. I came home.
It's only 9:30, but I'm going to bed. I'm not feeling so great, and I have an amazingly stressful week ahead. I'm going to go snuggle in and read a little bit. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment