Sunday, November 30, 2008

Snow and Coffee!

I had this rockin dream last night about...well, something.  Lots and lots of water was involved.  I took pictures of my cousin underwater.  It was very bright, and colorful, and warm and awesome. Very Carribbean, amazing.  

Unfortunately, I turned my alarm off at some point, and didn't wake up until 12:30!  Ugh.  Of course, I was up until 3am reading Clan of the Cave Bear.  I just love it. 

I looked out my window and the world was a swirling mass of white!  Snow!  Beautiful!  

Sadly, by the time Jason and I met up outside it had turned to a freezing slushy rain.  We slipped and slid to the public library and set up shop in Coffee Star, the cafe there.  I wrote, he worked on his music, and we chatted quite a bit.  Julia and Silvia joined us eventually, and it was quite a lovely afternoon.  When Coffee Star closed we went to Olivier and had some tea.  Everyone had work to do so we all read our own stuff.  

I've been reading The Greek Myths by Robert Graves.  The stories of my childhood.  The Greeks were sort of my gateway gods to the Egyptians, so I feel I owe them my loyalty.  Their stories are just so cool!  :-)

I'm going to make it an early night tonight.  I want to get up tomorrow, cool dreams or no!  And I definitely can't wait to try the coffee Julia gave to me.  :-)

No comments: