
Today's photo is a result of too much Amsterdam. It's not what you think: I'm not that kind of girl. The only thing I did last night that could be considered irresponsible or immoral was eat at Burger King. No, I was just there until 5am!
Last night was Amsterdam's museum night. For the price of one ticket, you got free access to (almost) all of the museums in the city between 7pm and 2am. So I met with Carlos (Venzuela), Giorgos (Greece), Brandon (California), and Brandon's girlfriend whose name I don't remember (Greece.)
We wanted to go to the Rijksmuseum, but the line was two hours long, so we decided to move on. (They have the Diamond Skull done by the artist Damien Hirst, which is mega famous.) We tried to go to the Diamond Museum (no connection) but a large man dressed like a very large fuzzy white cat out front informed us that it wasn't part of the evening. He did say that you got a free glass of champagne with entrance and that in each glass there was a cubic zirconium, and that four of these stones were actually real diamonds! We moved on.
I think the "museum night" was really just a good excuse for the people of Amsterdam to hold dance parties in museums. Everywhere we went was packed with people, glancing at the Van Gogh's and Rembrandt's while they jammed out to the live jazz, or the house DJ. I can't say I minded (though there were a few times when the music didn't match the photography.)
After dancing with the masters all night, we got some food and attempted to head home. Easier said than done at 3am apparently. But we managed to get home eventually, and I was in bed before the sun came up.
Today I went to the main library for the first time. It's pretty rockin, actually, with a really strange sort of sunburst shape. Everything is circular and confusing, and I really like it. I found a really sunny desk overlooking the canal and worked for a few hours. Then I had coffee with André (Portugal.) André is in all three of my Egyptian language classes with me, and has one of the strangest senses of humor I have EVER ever experienced.
And then I got sick. I think my body just decided it was time for me to slow down. So I did. Which means, my Sunday cleaning has been put on hold. Which is bad. But, oh well. I can eat again, so that's a good thing. Feeling decent is worth dishes in the sink and a dust bunnies in the corner. :-)
I also wrapped a scarf around my head and took pictures of myself for a while. Cause I was bored. They turned out kind of cool, I think. Heh.

<--- The real picture of the day.
By the way, Spirit21 has a great entry today about forgiveness and love. Brilliant.

No comments:
Post a Comment