Yeah yeah, Saturday. I went on a mission looking for yarn and a new bag. I wanted a bag big enough for my writing stuff, so I wouldn't have to empty out my back pack every time I wanted to go somewhere to write.I ran into Sylvia, Janos and Jason at the market. We wandered around for a bit, and then went to the top of V&D and got some coffee and talked for a long time. Then we went onto their rooftop terrace and looked at the city from above. Talked some more.
Our afternoon at the market became quite the day. I found a perfect bag for only €10, and have some beautiful yarn. Some beads too. :-) Janos bought pecans! Still warm! Jason got some pistachios, also warm! We went back to Jason's and Silvia's place and drank tea and ate the warm nuts and orange slices, and talked more. ("And she feeds you tea and oranges that come all the way from China.") Jason and I watched a bunch of YouTube videos while Silvia and Janos talked. Then Silvia and I went to the store, because I had gotten to the bakery too late.
What a great day!
In other news: My friend, Taher, wrote a poem about me!! :-D
She is the cosmopolitan brigade of fire
That sets ablaze all the papers of misery by her heart
And my heart was in need of the ashes
That are cathartic and nostalgic at the scent of dawn
My heart was flying to land on purgatory
To pick her fiery soul and taste the apple of heaven
That tastes like the voice of God in the mirror
And the smell of the furs of the wings of the angels woven to my heart
--Sweet Empathy
by Taher Berenjian

No comments:
Post a Comment