I'm not really in the mood to write much about my day. I'm really in the mood to write in my novel. Wednesday is my bad day. It's just too full, too draining. Always the optimist, I have to say that I'm feeling more in control of my studies than I have all semester. During my break I had lunch with the first year students. We spoke in Dutch! :-)
Today has been a rush of languages: classes in English, friends in Dutch, friends in German, classes in Egyptian, classes in Coptic, poetry in French (why not?)
I've been writing, and thinking about writing, too. Some scenes are starting to come together. Right now they're just fragments, flashes, but I'm beginning to see how they all fit in. And I'm really getting to know my characters.
I'm going to climb atop Kilamanjaro (that's my name for my bed) and write until I fall asleep. Which probably won't take that long.

No comments:
Post a Comment