Halloweeeeeeeen! There was a pumkin carving workshop in the Common Room. The organizers came in with the pumpkins and said "Ok, let's look on Google to figure out how to do this!" They had never carved a pumpkin before! No one knew how to start! I'm sure they would have figured it out quickly; it's not rocket science. Still, I was deemed the pumpkin carving expert and put in charge of showing people the ropes. They picked up on it entirely too fast, and after a few hours of carving, the pumpkins were all amazing. :-)They also ate 3 bags of candy! :-)
There was a huge party at Herengracht, the other international student home. I watched Pretty Woman and dressed up like a belly dancer. Julia didn't have a costume (when I found her she was wearing a bikini over her clothes) so I created a costume for her out of black skirts and dresses and belts and things. She was a very beautiful (albeit SCARY) witch. :-)
The party itself was quite a blast. Lots of REALLY entirely too amazing costumes. Everyone really went all out. Kia was a tiger (self-painted face), Miguel was the Joker (FUH-REAKY), Lucas was a Sherpa, my neighbors were dead. John McCain and Sarah Palin were even there! The Financial Crisis made an appearance too! :-) Good times, lots of dancing, lots of people I knew but didn't know I knew standing in front of me silently wearing masks so I couldn't recognize them. Freaky.
I won the contest for Sexiest Costume. Hee hee. Got lots of candy and a bag of chamomile tea! :-)
Today I had chocolate tea with Julia, and then we went to the market. I made lunch, I did work. I posted photos on Facebook. Wild.
Now, if you'll excuse me, Carlos and I are going to Amsterdam for the evening! :-D

No comments:
Post a Comment